Sunday, October 23, 2011

An update and a finished piece!

I have quite decidedly fallen off the Blogtoberfest wagon but at least I'm willing to jump back on.  Even better, I finally finished my cross stitch for the Desert Bus for Hope.  It's been sent in the mail and I've confirmed it has been received by the good peeps in charge of the whole show.  And now for the great reveal.......


TA DA!




I decided to make a cushion, rather than framing the fabric.  I figured that would make mailing easier but would also make this a more functional piece.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and The Boy has requested that I make one for our place.  I'm still a little cross eyed from the late night stitching but I'm sure I'll get back in a cross stitch groove again some time soon.

Fun details of this project - the Score <1> numbers are the date that Desert Bus starts this year (18 November), the Hi-Score is the amount the crew raised last year and those white letters and numbers on the invaders?  Those are stitched with DMC glow in the dark thread.  I wish I had a picture of how cool that looks but alas, you'll have to use your imagination.  

If you're interested in being the lucky owner of this one of kind cushion, be sure to check out Desert Bus on the 18th of November.  I'm not sure if they'll be using this for a give away or as part of one of the auctions but either way, you'll have to be in it to win it.  

No comments: