Friday, September 9, 2011

A Thank You and a New, Hot Gallery...

First off, I'd like to say a big Thank You to Sara who was kind enough to mention my shop over on her blog, Saige Wisdom.  Sara included my bunting 'Hello' cards as part of her weekly {Friday Finds} post.  It was great to get her message this morning letting me know Kid & Caboodle was one of her 'finds' - who doesn't love a compliment like that?  Pop on over to her blog (click the banner below) and check it out - you'll be glad you did!



Recently, I managed to hang a few things that have been on the floor,  leaning up against the wall.  We won't talk about the pile that is still waiting.  My intention is to slowly build up a little gallery of prints, original works and other handmade goodies.  Let me tell you a little bit about what I've got so far:

If you click on the photo to the left you'll get a better view.  Top left is a fantastic print that I bought at the last Got Craft? market here in Vancouver.  It's titled 'The Kitten's Guide to Facial Hair' and features numerous kitties with moustaches and beards.  Love.  It was made by Kukubee.  Click over and check out their website.  It's the cutest thing EVER.

Top right is a butterfly I cut out of some sheet music and whacked into an Ikea Ribba frame.  I think it needs something more but for now, it lives on the wall!  As those who really know (and love!) me can attest, I have a deeply irrational fear of moths and sadly, this includes the butterfly family.  I love butterflies but I don't want them touching me.  It took all of my will power to enter the butterfly house at the Melbourne Zoo last month and it was not a long visit.  I put on a brave face for my niece but really I wanted to run shrieking from the building.  So!  Paper butterflies safely locked away behind glass are the bugs for me!

Bottom left we have another creation made by moi.  There's a great little store called Urban Source not far from where I live that sells anything and everything the collage or mix media artist (or bored kids!) could want.  They sell off-cuts of all kinds of materials, papers and other items that would otherwise end up in a recycling bin, discarded photographs, scientific slides, etc.  I got some of the papers from there and I scored the Pi cut out that just happened to fit in a frame I had on hand.  We're a bit geeky at my place so it fits right in :)

And last, but in no way least, is a Star Wars themed cross stitch that I made using a pattern I bought on Etsy.  Bombastitch is the place to go for nerdy, quirky stitching fun (although, I see they are currently on vacation and the store is closed for a bit).  I had bought this pattern to make a birthday gift for CC but it stitched up so quickly there was really no excuse not to make one for myself.  I should probably whip one up and send it to George Lucas as well (hint, hint).

Oh, and before I forget, this weekend I will be posting about my first ever giveaway!  Check back on Sunday for the deets.  Those who love scrapbooking will probably be particularly interested but that's the only clue you get.



No comments: